Join our department
To apply to the Lenexa Police Department, you must complete both of the following:
• a City of Lenexa employment application
• a Police Department application packet
We are currently offering monthly applicant written exams on the second Saturday of each month, beginning March 2013. If your application is eligible, you may register online
for the written exam.
For questions on this process, please contact the Recruiting/Hiring Hotline at (913) 825-8282 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Am I qualified?
To be considered for a position with the Lenexa Police Department, applicants must:
• be a U.S. citizen
• be at least 21 years of age by application date
• possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• possess a valid state driver's license
• not have a personal or professional history that would automatically disqualify you for a position (See list of automatic disqualifiers.
Prior law enforcement experience or college courses in criminal justice or a related associate's or bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required.
What happens after I apply?
First, complete and submit the standard application form
and the Lenexa PD employment application packet
. If eligible, you will then be asked to complete a written aptitude test
. Candidates must achieve a passing score to continue in the hiring process. If you do not achieve a passing score, you'll be disqualified from further processing in the current recruitment, but may re-apply in one year.
For more information about the Lenexa Police Department
, visit the City of Lenexa's website